In today’s “always online” world you might think direct mail campaigns are a thing of the past. You’d be wrong. If you’re engaging customers through digital alone, you’re missing a big opportunity.
When print is personalized, it’s powerful
Today’s printing technology offers many customization options, so everyone can have a unique piece of mail. Plus, direct mail has key advantages over email. According to the Direct Marketing Association, direct mail response rates are 10 to 30 times higher than digital. Additionally, 25% of consumers find direct mail more trustworthy than email (and they can’t “unsubscribe”).
But a campaign doesn’t have to be one or the other. Combining personalized direct mail with digital is a perfect one-two punch, increasing your impact with customers with messaging thatʼs relevant.
Here are five steps you can take to personalize your direct mail piece for a greater ROI:
- Select the audience you want to target from your mailing list.
- Personalize using data from your CRM or a list broker. Start with easy things such as, name, title, images, colors, headlines or offers.
- Track results by adding a QR code or using a personal URL (PURL) that drives your audience to a custom landing page.
- Partner with a printer who has variable printing technology. This allows for different content from one printed piece to the next.
- Upload data to your printer’s secure server. Some printers have better security than others, so be sure to ask.
Rinse and repeat!
When customers get mail that matches their interests, it builds trust, goodwill—and results.
At ABS, we produce highly personalized data-driven, multi-component direct mail pieces that require the correct mix of precise data, exact imaging and the latest lettershop technology. Want to learn more? Get in touch with us here.